Dynmap supports point and area markers which render on top of the dynmap web interface to provide valuable information on important locations and areas on the map.
Some degree of automation and integration of these markers and other plugins like FTB Utilities is possible such that factions’ chunk claims or players’ spawn points would be automatically rendered on our map, but instead of enabling these features, Mine Publica prefers to protect our players’ privacy in-game.
In other words, the Mine Publica dynmap only renders the map’s natural features by default. Clans, however, may request an admin to mark a region with a layer colored and labelled to reflect that they own it, or mark key waypoints they want to advertise.
Requesting a Marker
To request markers, please post in Help & Bug Reports and provide the following information:
- What type of marker do you want?
- What are the relevant coordinates and world for your marker? (Provide multiple coordinates as necessary)
- What should the marker be labelled as?
- Which logo do you want to apply to the marker? (If applicable)
- What color should the marker’s area be? (If applicable)
- What clan is the marker to be associated with? (For marker set purposes)
See the Spawn Island marker for an example of a simple marker.
Current Rendering Issues
Dynmap relies on DynmapBlockScan to generate tiles for modded blocks to render the map correctly. BlockScan is not 100% functional for all mods, and fails to render things like Dynamic Trees branches, flowing rivers added by the Streams mod and Chisel custom blocks properly. As of October 12th, 2019, the server renders most of these modded blocks but does not color them properly. See this blockscan “universal renderer” fork for details.
We are closely watching dynmap for updates on these issues.